* * *
UPDATE – ALL CLEAR, Disneyland is NOW OPEN; See latest update below.
* * *
At around 7:55 AM local time this morning, a Disneyland employee during a regular safety inspection spotted an unidentified object in the trees near the Main Entrance in the Esplanade area. Here’s what’s happening LIVE (this post will be updated as we get more information):
- For safety, Disneyland has shut its gates to any new or exiting guests, meaning no one comes in, no one comes out.
- All guests inside the Park when the threat was announced have been told to stay in the Parks, keeping clear of the Main Street area.
- Guests in the Esplanade and just arriving for the day have been evacuated to Harbor Blvd.
- Anaheim Police have stated that it would be another estimated 4-5 hours before the threat has been contained and the Park reopens to guests.
- Guests stuck inside Disneyland Park seem to have the Park all to themselves (Trying to make light of the situation is a good thing!).
- UPDATE – Anaheim PD gives the “all clear”. Disneyland should reopen shortly. According to Disneyland Officials, a high school student from Northern California kept a streamer in a PVC pipe as part of a game and left it unattended, causing the evacuation.
- Disneyland AND California Adventure are NOW OPEN.
* * *
We’ll have a wrap up on this later on next week. Thanks to all who reported to us. We’re glad that we could relay the information for the safety of the people there this morning.