Disneyland food is becoming a passion for many of us within the DisneyExaminer Staff.
We love what the Food Department is doing throughout the Resort. From the quality, quantity, and speed of service, we regular visitors to the Park are slowly but surely wanting to eat a lot more during our visits on property!
One of those new restaurants that have made our way onto our radar has to be the Fiddler, Fifer, and Practical Cafe located off Buena Vista Street in Disney California Adventure. Not only do they serve a mean Starbucks espresso, but an awesome Cheesy Enchilada Soup!
Now you can make this very delicious soup straight from Buena Vista Street right in your own home! Here’s the recipe:
Cheesy Enchilada Soup
Serves 6 to 8
- 5 yellow corn tortillas, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil, plus 2 tablespoons, divided
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup corn
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 15-ounce can tomato puree
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon Tapatio hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 teaspoons flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Heat 1/4 cup vegetable oil in a 10-inch skillet. When oil is hot, add tortilla strips and stir until golden and crisp, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain on paper towels and set aside.
- Cook onion in remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat until translucent. Add garlic, bell pepper and corn; cook for about 2 minutes.
- Stir in chicken stock, tomato puree, salt, chili powder, pepper, sugar, hot sauce, and Worcestershire sauce; bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Whisk flour and water in a small bowl and stir into soup. Bring to a boil, then simmer 4 minutes.
- Add chicken and bring back to a simmer. Stir in cream, sour cream, shredded cheese, and black beans.
- To serve, garnish with fried tortilla strips and cilantro.