The revamped Matterhorn at Disneyland Park offers some changes both inside and out. Since reopening on June 15, the day that Cars Land and the new DCA opened to the public, the new changes to the iconic Disneyland mountain have not seen a lot of press lately.
And I think that’s for a reason. Some of the DisneyExaminer Staff was able to go on a bobsled ride earlier last June and some things we’d like to point out are:
- It’s a lot smoother than before (i.e. less whiplash, but still pretty rough)!
- It feels a lot faster (due to the replacement of the whole track system).
- The Yeti scenes seem a lot more “in-your-face” due to the addition of more strobe lights.
- The new redesigned bobsleds are aesthetically pleasing, but sitting in them provides less leg and wiggle room compared to the old bobsleds. This is particularly more obvious to tall people.
- Wait times for the attraction are longer due to the newness; upwards of 90 minutes on a busy day.
Above you’ll see the newest visible addition to the Matterhorn – the Matterhorn Mountain Climbers – a staple to the Matterhorn back in the day! Be sure to watch them traverse this Anaheim mountain and catch a bobsled ride the next time you’re at Disneyland.