Well, what better word (other than ‘magic’) to describe what Disney is all about than the word ‘love.’ You see it all the time in their movies, cartoons, and TV shows and now you’ll be able to see this “magical” love in person at the only places where that love can come to life – Disney Parks.
Disney Parks’ marketing campaign called Limited Time Magic is continuing on with its 12 months of limited-time-only in-park only experiences with True Love Week.
As with all the past Limited Time Magic experiences that have occurred so far, you can expect to limited-time food, merchandise, and entertainment offerings all surrounding the theme of love. There will also be various decor changes and special photo opportunities that’ll make you remember that love for a long time.
And don’t think that this special week is just for couples, too folks! Disney Parks also have planned experiences that celebrate the love for family and friends too.
Although True Love Week will also be at the Walt Disney World Resort in Florida, you know we always like to highlight our favorite Disney Resort in California!
Here’s a list of what will be happening during True Love Week at the Disneyland Resort –
- Romantic Setting: Guests will feel the romance at every turn, as heart-shaped signage and sweetheart-themed décor adorn Disneyland Park, making it an ideal place to celebrate Valentine’s week.
- Blushing Castle: At dusk, hues of red and pink will bathe Sleeping Beauty Castle, with projections of flowers and hearts.
- Floral Heart: A giant floral heart makes a sweet setting for a Valentine photo, in Town Square, Main Street, U.S.A. in Disneyland.
- Valentine Wishes: Flowers, garlands and decorative doves will create a second ideal location around Snow White Wishing Well near Sleeping Beauty Castle. At night, magical lighting adds a romantic touch to the wishing well and Snow White Grotto.
- Disneyland Sweethearts: Also near Town Square, guests will find a photo location with resident Disneyland sweethearts – Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck and Daisy Duck.
- Dinners for Two: Romantic dinners for two with prix fixe menus will be offered at select restaurants during the most romantic week of the year. Specially-created menus at Blue Bayou and Café Orleans in Disneyland, Carthay Circle Restaurant in Disney California Adventure Park, Steakhouse 55 at the Disneyland Hotel or Napa Rose in Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel make ideal choices for a romantic evening. To book call 714-781-DINE (714-781-3463).
- Cupcake Lovers: Chefs have prepared a specially themed Valentine’s dessert: a chocolate cupcake with raspberry mousse filling and dark chocolate mousse frosting. It will be available at Jolly Holiday Bakery Café in Disneyland, Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Café and Pacific Wharf Café in Disney California Adventure, and Disneyland Hotel Coffee House.
- Valentine’s-themed Takeaways: Limited-edition pins, plush, newly-designed apparel and Vinylmations will be available at select merchandise locations.
- Ears for your Sweetheart: The classic Disneyland ear hat gets a total glitz makeover just in time for the most romantic time of the year. It will dazzle your Valentine and become the most sophisticated pair of ears in your collection.
- Royal Romance: Guests will enjoy a rare opportunity to get photos of Disney Princes as they escort their Princesses along The Royal Walk in Fantasyland. In New Orleans Square, guests will find another pair of sweethearts, Princess Tiana and Prince Naveen.
- In Search of True Love: Guests may also encounter the Wandering Wallflowers, in search of “true love.”
- Special Screening of “Lady and the Tramp”: Guests will have the romantic opportunity to watch a romantic Disney classic inside the intimiate Main Street Opera House.
– – –
UPDATE 2/15 – Here’s a video of some of those lovely things going on for True Love Week!
* * *
True Love Week will of course only happen for 1 week beginning February 11 and ending on February 17, 2013. We’d also like to note that Valentine’s Day this year falls perfectly in between those dates on February 14.
Start planning your love field trips to the Resort now!
* * *
Love is indeed in the air, so tell us: what do you have planned for Valentine’s Day? Does True Love Week give you any ideas of what you might want to do now? Let us know and share this with your friends and family who want to celebrate love the magical way!