When we wrote our Wrap-up report on the craziness that was One More Disney Day last year, we left a question of whether or not we’d see this type of event again.
All good things considered, the 24-hour operations at Disney Parks on both US coasts brought a lot of problems, especially at Disneyland. Sure, you’ve read elsewhere that park management was a nightmare and those trying to get in later in the evening couldn’t even park, but the fact of the matter is is that people came and it was a hit…so why not try it all again?
So let’s try it again.
In a few hours/minutes, Disney Parks execs in Florida will be announcing the next 24-hour “party” happening at both Disneyland and Walt Disney World.
Being called a “Monstrous Summer All-Nighter,” guests will be able to experience 24 hours of magic yet again at Magic Kingdom park in Walt Disney World and both Disneyland Park AND Disney California Adventure Park at the Disneyland Resort beginning Friday, May 24 until Saturday, May 25.
The event will kickoff the Disney Parks’ summer promotion (in conjunction with Limited Time Magic) called “Monstrous Summer,” the theme of which highlights the more magical (and family-friendly) side of college as seen in Pixar’s upcoming prequel film “Monsters University” which hits theaters on June 21. Oh, and hopefully makes you feel like you’ll be making a “monstrous” amount of memories this summer at a Disney Park too!
UPDATE 7:30 PM on 4/25 – Disney Parks has officially announced the event thanks to a monster-sized Mike Wazowski projected onto Spaceship Earth (seen above) in EPCOT at Walt Disney World just a few minutes ago. They also announced more details including:
- In Florida, Magic Kingdom Park will feature a “Monsters University” theme where Mike and Sulley will be the Grand Marshals of the “Celebrate a Dream Come True” day parade and make appearances in Tomorrowland. There will be extra entertainment throughout the day and night, including characters in their pajamas in Town Square during the late night and early morning, and late-night dance parties in and around the courtyard of Cinderella Castle.
- In California, you’ll be able to party the night away at both parks with special entertainment including: a “Monsters University” “TLT Monstrous” Dance Club and Star Wars characters in Tomorrowland and late-night Character Pajama Party in Mickey’s ToonTown at Disneyland park. The new Fantasy Faire Royal Theatre at Disneyland park will become a Royal Dance Hall late at night with a live band and dancing; and guests of Disney California Adventure park will find Monstrous photo opportunities with new “Monsters University” “Dorms” in Hollywood Land and a new “Monsters University” float leading the Pixar Play Parade.
- All three parks will have limited edition merchandise and food available throughout the party, as well as a couple of surprises throughout the day!
So, are you planning on attending the All-Nighter? Some words of advice –
- If you plan on being one of the first people to walk through the gates like we did for One More Disney Day, then expect to camp out outside your Disney Park of choice the night of May 23. Disneyland and DCA AND Walt Disney World will open at 6 AM the morning of May 24 and close 6 AM the following morning, May 25 (local times).
- If you plan on joining in on the festivities sometime during the 24-hour period, then be sure to bring a lot of patience and happy songs with you in your car as there might be a lot of people around you who might have the same idea.
– – –
And that’s that, folks! We’ll be updating this post with more information as we get it, so be sure to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest on the All-Nighter as we get closer to the event.
And you can be sure that we’ll be there covering this all-nighter too!
– – –
Will you be attending the All-Nighter? Which Disney Park will you attend? Do you think another 24 hour operation of a Disney Park is wise to do again? Sound off in the comments!