It’s a known fact that Disney already owns Lucasfilm. They’ve proven that by initiating the reboot of the “Star Wars” saga through a new film trilogy and other expansions of it in TV. There was only one platform that Disney hadn’t expanded to with the intergalactic saga – on the web.
That problem was corrected just recently thanks to the help of a few droids and the humans who programmed them from Disney Interactive. The new StarWars.com is still home to everything about George Lucas’ famed franchise and a whole bunch of new features that will satisfy those who are both strong and weak in the Force.
Some of the new features of the site include:
- Long-form articles and videos that go behind the scenes of past, current and upcoming projects
- Exclusive online videos, including a behind the scenes video of the making of Chopper from the upcoming series Star Wars: Rebels, and more to come in the following weeks
- The immersive Databank, an encyclopedia of hundreds of pieces of Star Wars knowledge about characters, creatures, locations, droids and devices.
- Details about upcoming fan events
- Users can log in with their Disney ID to access upcoming special features and digital experiences
- New, simple navigation and design
- Rich, consistent experience across all platforms and devices using the same technology that powers the entire Disney Interactive Media portfolio
This all has been packed into a whole new interface that allows users to access all this content on any kind of device, mobile or desktop.
Visit the new StarWars.com today and continue to watch it with us to learn more about everything that’s coming from the galaxy far, far away (including #StarWarsVII”)!