The Force is strong with those who want to take a Disney cruise in near future with the announcement of Star Wars Day at Sea! The Caribbean world will clash with the iconic Lucasfilm world with a day filled with onboard entertainment and activities sure to satisfy any seaworthy Star Wars fan!
Starting January 2016, the Disney Fantasy will have eight special sailings that will bring the iconic Lucasfilm world to life – all while making your way through your cruise itinerary.
Guests aboard these select sailings will get to experience a variety of onboard offerings like:
- Darth Vader, Chewbacca, Boba Fett, Stormtroopers and other characters from across the Star Wars galaxy will be onboard for scheduled meet and greets, as well as roaming on deck and elsewhere around the ship. You’re also are encouraged to dress up in your own stellar costumes!
- A shipboard version of the popular Jedi Training Academy experience invites young Jedi hopefuls — known as “Padawans” — to learn lightsaber moves from a Jedi Master. They can then use the Force and face off in a final test against the evil Darth Vader.
- Kids and families enjoy friendly competition during Star Wars trivia games, covering fun facts from the film and television sagas.
- For Younglings, Star Wars-themed arts and crafts, games and activities will be offered throughout the day in Oceaneer Cluband Oceaneer Lab youth clubs.
- You can watch the first six Star Wars films and follow Darth Vader, Obi Wan Kenobi, Luke and Leia along their epic journey
- Also showing will be episodes of the new Disney XD animated series, Star Wars Rebels.
- On each of the special sailings, celebrities and insiders from theStar Wars galaxy will share their experiences, meet fans and sign autographs.
You can party it up Ewok style!
- There’s intergalactic fun when the Star Wars deck party blasts off to an exciting evening filled with music, dancing and games.
- In the evening, adults entering the night club will feel like they stepped into the Mos Eisley cantina scene. Characters and cantina music set the mood as Star Wars-themed specialty cocktails are served.
- Star Wars characters converge on the deck stage for a celebration of the Star Wars saga in a show featuring special effects and Guest participation.
- The deck party culminates in a spectacular display of themed pyrotechnics, lighting, sound effects, lasers and Star Wars music.
This is the first time that any Star Wars presence has made it aboard Disney Cruise Line since being bought by Disney back in 2012.
These cruises will take place just a few weeks after “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” releases in theaters, making it a great opportunity to continue the celebration of a galaxy returned in a whole new way.
– – –
Bookings for these special sailings that include this experience have begun, so be sure to contact our friends at Small World Vacations for more information and to book your journey.
Are you excited to see Darth Vader on water? Does the Star Wars Day at Sea make you want to take a Disney Cruise even more now? Comment below!