It’s Star Wars Day today and not too long ago, I found myself going through Star Wars withdrawals. I needed more Jedi, droids, and stormtroopers in my life. So what did I do to fix this craving? I purchased the new Star Wars Digital Movie Collection!
For the first time ever, each Star Wars film (Ep. 1-6) can be purchased individually for $19.99 or $89.99 for the lot.
Since they’ve gone digital, you can now stream the movies on any of your mobile devices and watch it in glorious HD. However, the more convincing reason why fans should buy the digital collection are because of the incredible bonus features included.
I am talking about over 9 hours of special features! Deleted scenes, never-before-heard cast and crew interviews, restoration projects, on-set documentaries, explanation of “The Force” by George Lucas himself – the list goes on with how many galaxy-blowing additions the collection includes.
Need more of a reason to purchase the collection? Well, ask yourself if you know the answers to the following questions:
- What was the original design of the Millennium Falcon similar in model to?
- Are stormtroopers left-handed or right-handed gunmen?
- What kind of animals are dewbacks produced after?
- Did you know George Lucas casted actual U.S. Marines as stormtroopers?
- How many wampas on the planet of Hoth were originally supposed to be in Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back?
- Where was Han Solo and Princess Leia’s original first kiss?
- How many men operated Jabba The Hut?
- What kind of scuba gear did Sound Designer Ben Burtt use to create the sounds of the infamous heavy breathing of Darth Vader?
If you did not know the answers to some of these questions, don’t panic. You do not need to throw out your lightsaber toward us or get rid of your The Imperial March ringtone just yet. These are only a handful of hidden gems presented in the bonus features!
Fans can lightspeed their way to special effects, creature creations, auditions, table reads, and behind-the-scenes editing. George Lucas marvels viewers with his accounts on set and his details on building legacy content. See actual footage of cast member’s Jedi training and lightsaber practice duals. Hear from Composer John Williams on how he created the iconic film score. You can even find out how Star Wars “dared to be cute” while designing the beloved ewoks of Endor, with their teddy bear characteristic. It’s all really endless.
Prove yourself and to your friends that you really have the Force and the knowledge of it after reviewing the digital collection for yourselves. To begin that journey through the epic film saga and accompanying bonus material, click HERE!