Article sponsored by Wonder Forge, Inc.
Greetings. I am Darth Vader. I am inviting you all to my exclusive game night.
Yes it is true, you will be graced with my presence this holiday season.
A few of us are going to try a couple of new games, and I am going to play and review them because let us face it…my opinion matters. I am going to rate these games by lightsaber ratings. 1 lightsaber means weak and 5 lightsabers means mind-blowing.
So sit(h) back, relax, and watch the master at work!
Retail price: $24.99
Number of Players: 2–6 (preferably)
Prove that you are a Padawan or Jedi Master by testing your Star Wars knowledge.
Star Wars enthusiasts will be able to strategically wager coins and answer trivia questions in order to collect enough points to win and prove their ultimate fandom.
- Excites Star Wars fans by testing their knowledge through Star Wars trivia questions.
- Game of teamwork with competitive edge.
- Playtime is moderate in length.
- Questions range from easy to moderately difficult.
- Comes with 1,000 questions
- Game is not confined to a board game.
- Rules and instructions provided are clear and understandable.
- Limited players — 2–6 players. Adding more players would prove to be difficult. If there were too many players, it may cause a chaos of differing opinions or make questions too easy to answer.
- Wager pieces may easily be lost or ripped/bent. Plastic coins would have been more desirable for longevity.
I give this game 4.5/5 lightsabers.
Retail price: $14.99
Number of players: 2–4
To work as a team to escape the flood in time and make it back home safely.
A few minutes later…
- Game is simple to learn.
- Appearance of board game is bright and colorful — pleasing to the eye.
- Encourages teamwork — Teaches one to share/sacrifice their own help tokens in order to further benefit the team. If one loses, everyone loses. Teamwork may ultimately help you win the game.
- Addition of the “chasing floodwaters” makes board game unique, interesting, and exciting.
- Great game for young children — helps them acknowledge colors, connect puzzle pieces, and encourages counting.
- Rules and instructions provided are understandable.
- Some assembly required: you have to add pieces to the game board as you progress closer to the mountain. This would create different variations of the same board game, but it would have be easier to have it already arranged for you. This would also eliminate the chance of losing or misplacing the board pieces.
- Limited to 4 moving pieces.
- Help tokens are limited: pieces may easily be lost or ripped/bent. Plastic coins would have been more desirable for longevity.
- Possibility that the game may be very short if the flood reaches the moving pieces early on in the game. Essentially, if the players consistently landed on numbers when spinning the wheel, the game would end sooner.
I give this game 4/5 lightsabers
Want to have a game night for yourself? Here is your chance to win a game to start your own game night. Enter for your chance to win the game featured below HERE!
Don’t underestimate the power of the merry side.
Games and Figures sold separately
Like what you see here on DisneyExaminer? Help support us grow and be rewarded with even more content and experiences by becoming a DisneyExaminer Patron!