Disney’s yearly Easter Egg Hunt launched today, allowing guests to once again be on the hunt for special, Disney-themed eggs in pursuit of special prizes.
This event started in 2013, and while it appeared to be a simple kind of event, the egg hunt soon proved to be incredibly popular. So much so that, consistently over the years, maps sell out soon after they are released.
The first Easter egg hunt took place only at Epcot and DCA, but this year can be found in Disneyland, DCA, and even in Downtown Disney.
To play the game guests can purchase a special map for $5.95 at any of these locations:
- Disney California Adventure park – Elias & Co., Humphrey’s Service & Supplies, Off the Page,Oswald’s, Sarge’s Surplus Hut and Treasures in Paradise
- Disneyland park – Disneyana, Disney Showcase, “it’s a small world” Toy Shop, Little Green Men Store Command, Pieces of Eight, Pioneer Mercantile and Stromboli’s.
- Downtown Disney District – Anna & Elsa’s Boutique, D Street, Disney Pin Traders,WonderGround Gallery and World of Disney Store
- Hotels of the Disneyland Resort – Acorns Gifts & Goods, Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa; Mickey in Paradise, Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel; and Fantasia Shop, Disneyland Hotel
After getting a map, guests can “hunt” for “egg” locations and, once they’re found, can place the corresponding sticker on their map.
And while you don’t get to take these special Disney eggs home, you can turn in your map for a prize – and technically, you don’t even have to hunt for the eggs anyway! Simply bring your map, complete or incomplete, to any redemption location to receive a special prize.
Redemption locations are:
- Elias & Co. at Disney California Adventure park
- Disney Showcase in Disneyland park
- World of Disney Store in the Downtown Disney District at the Disneyland Resort
Prizes in the past have included vinylmation products, but this year’s are sure to be unique and better than ever.
Prizes may be redeemed up to April 2nd and maps are available until all are purchased, so get yours before they’re gone!
Like what you see here on DisneyExaminer? Help support us grow and be rewarded with even more content and experiences by becoming a DisneyExaminer Patron!