If you haven’t watched Finding Dory yet you need to go watch it now in theaters! The whole year leading up to this much anticipated sequel has had audiences excited, and what better way to celebrate the box office success of this film than by doing a DIY project inspired by it!
For this very, very hot summer here are some Finding Dory-inspired coasters that you can totally use at a pool party!
- Mod Podge
- Tissue Paper
- With a brush, put a thin layer of the Mod Podge on the tile.
- Cut out a square piece of tissue paper to be the base of your design for the coaster.
- You can outline patterns with your markers to help cut out shapes for your design.
- Always put a thin layer of Mod Podge before you stick on the tissue paper.
- After each layer dries, coat another thin layer of Mod Podge to stick the rest of the tissue paper for your design.
- After completely finishing your design, put a final layer of Mod Podge on the tile.
- Stick either a piece of felt or cork board at the bottom of the tiles to complete your coasters.
This is a great DIY project to do this summer with friends and family! Whether you want to do this project in the comfort of your air conditioned home or outside in the sun, making these coasters is creative, fun, and a useful kitchen accessory to keep your surfaces safe!
Like what you see here on DisneyExaminer? Help support us grow and be rewarded with even more content and experiences by becoming a DisneyExaminer Patron!