There’s something about nostalgia itself that brings Disney magic. We see it in classic Disney films that are decades old. We also so them in Disney Parks with turn-of-the-century streets greeting us into a world of fantasy.
That street of course is Main Street USA and it originated at the original Disney Park that has a lot of nostalgia in it. We’re talking about our beloved Disneyland in Anaheim, CA.
Walt’s first amusement park was a big risk but it was a risk that reaped its rewards with millions of people around the world flocking through its gates every year. But it all started back in 1955.
Disneyland has a lot of history behind it after 58 years and some of that magic will now be revealed and revisited this evening at the Main Street Opera House with a very special presentation given by the Disney Company’s former chief archivist Dave Smith who knows a thing or two about this place’s magical past!
If you ever wanted to see some rare Disneyland history and bring back a magic that you’ve been longing to see (AND if you’re an Annual Passholder because this is an Annual Passholder-ONLY event), then be sure to attend the “Disneyland: The Way We Were” presentation tonight.
The details are below –
Take a photographic journey through the attractions, shops, restaurants and other pieces of Disneyland history. Disney Legend and Chief Archivist Emeritus, Walt Disney Archives, Dave Smith will take Annual Passholders on a nostalgic look at some bygone history of Disneyland Park in this very special event.
Friday, March 22, 2013
Opera House, Main Street U.S.A. – Disneyland Park
5:00 p.m. & 7:00 p.m.
Event Registration and Wristband Distribution
- Passholders may begin registration at 11:30 a.m. at the Main Street, U.S.A. Opera House (home to Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln) in Disneyland Park.
- All participating Guests (ages 3 and older) must be valid Annual Passholders on the day of the event.
- Registration must be completed in person at the Main Street, U.S.A. Opera House on the day of the event only; no phone reservations or other registration will be accepted.
- It is recommended that all members of your party register together to help ensure that everyone receives an event wristband.
- All participating Annual Passholders must present their active Annual Passport to the event Cast Member, who will check event availability. Photo ID may be required.
- Once an Annual Passholder has presented a valid Annual Passport and event availability has been confirmed, the Annual Passholder will be registered for the event and will receive an event wristband.
- Event wristbands are required for admission to the event. Wristbands are only valid for the assigned event time.
- Registration and distribution of event wristbands are based on availability.
- Space is limited and wristbands do not guarantee seating at the event.
- Wristbands may not be sold or transferred for commercial purposes and have no cash value.
- The Main Street, U.S.A. Opera House will open 15 minutes prior to the event start time. Seating is not guaranteed. The theater will remain open until the event time or until the theater has reached capacity, whichever occurs first.
- Late arrivals will not be accommodated.
- Valid theme park admission is required.
- Information and elements of the event are subject to restrictions, change and cancellation without notice.
- Parking will be at any available Disneyland Resort theme park parking facility.
- Appropriate parking fees will apply.
- Shuttle service to all Disneyland Resort parking lots will end at their normally scheduled times following Disneyland Park closing.
– – –
Do you plan on attending the event tonight? What part of Disneyland’s past are you looking forward to seeing? What questions do you want answered? Comment and tell us below!