Fall-ing For Disney Food.
The Autumn Equinox is this tomorrow, so get ready to say goodbye to summer and hello to Fall!
Not all farewells end sadly though and as Disneyland gets prepared for the Fall, we can prepare for great things to come (up)! The return of Jack Skellington’s Haunted Mansion Holiday has already given us a treat when it opened on the first day of Halloween Time, as well as Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy…
Now the only thing I can think of that could be greater than smelling the scent of gingerbread at the Mansion or avoiding a ghost galaxy is probably enjoying the seasonal foods in between riding those attractions. There are so many different types of Disney Fall food items that are now available for our enjoyment like the famous pumpkin beignets, Tres Leches cake, and much more! And we certainly mean more!
Just to name a few…
- Pepper Jack Skellington Burger at Carnation Café, on grilled sourdough with white cheddar, pepper jack, red onions and spicy burger sauce
- Halloween Wicked Grilled Chicken at Village Haus Restaurant with roasted mushrooms, Swiss cheese, arugula and spicy roasted red pepper aioli
- Roasted pork tenderloin Wellington (with scotch bonnet pepper harissa sauce!) at Blue Bayou Restaurant
- Crispy fish sandwich with tartar sauce and jicama-mango slaw at Hungry Bear Restaurant
- Coq au vin (chicken braised with wine, bacon, mushrooms and garlic) and pumpkin beignets at Café Orleans
- A generous muffuletta (a sandwich stuffed with layered meats, cheese and olive salad on a round loaf) at French Market Restaurant is served with homemade chips
- Also at French Market Restaurant is the Oreo Mousse Coffin, with white chocolate mousse, Oreo crumbs and Skellington white chocolate decoration
- Souvenir popcorn buckets, and an almost-too-cute-to eat seasonal cupcake
- Head over to Disney California Adventure park for the seasonal Anti-Vampire Chicken Flatbread – lots of roasted garlic, of course, plus smoked Gouda cheese, mozzarella and a balsamic glaze
- Pumpkin flan with orange cake, and Tamales over at the Rancho Del Zocalo Restaurante to celebrate Dia De Los Muertos
- Monster U burgers at the Tommorowland Terrace, and Monster Mac ‘n Cheese Pizza at Redd Rockett’s Pizza Port during Mickey’s Halloween Party which starts on September 27 through October 31 on select nights
- Last but not pumpkin shaped sourdough bread at the Pacific Wharf Cafe, the Disney California Adventure bread cart, Mortimer’s Market, and Boardwalk Pizza & Pasta only available during Halloween weekend from October 25 – November 1
– – –
That’s a lot of food for the Fall, but we’re not complaining and neither should you! Out of all the new and returning food favorites that are coming to the Disneyland Resort, which one will you be trick-or-treating yourself to during Halloween Time? Tell us in the comments!