Editor’s note: We’re venturing into a new piece or writing. Because we know that better decisions are made when you’re better informed, we hope that these product reviews will be a resource just as much as DisneyExaminer as a whole is for you already!
This is our first of what we hope many product reviews and we hope that by doing these reviews you can better know the product before giving up your “Disney” dollars!
Thousands of Disney fans have fallen in love with “Frozen“, but now that the Blu-ray/DVD combo pack is already out, many are asking: is it really worth buying for your personal movie collection?
If you’re like us, we’re always looking for more bang for your hard-earned buck, so before you take the icy plunge, here’s a list of things you’ll get by buying the combo pack:
- The movie (of course) – complete with Marshmallow cameo at the end!
- Set up
- Languages: English, English descriptive, French, Spanish
- Subtitles: English, English for the hearing impaired, French, Spanish
- Bears (releasing 4/18)
- Sleeping Beauty Diamond Edition
- Muppets Most Wanted (releasing 3/21)
- The Pirate Fairy (releasing 4/1)
- Special features
- “Get a Horse!” theatrical short
- Original teaser trailer
- Music videos
- Demi Lovato (English)
- Martina Stoessel (Spanish and Italian)
- Marsha Milan (Malaysian)
The Blu-ray includes all of the above as well as:
- Frozen “D’frosted” behind the scenes: a look with directors Jennifer Lee and Chris Buck looking into the original art and inspiration for Frozen.
- “The Making of Frozen” a music video made by the cast of Frozen created to show how Frozen was “made”.
I personally love having both the Blu-ray and DVD! The special features are fun to watch, the behind the scenes features on the blu-ray give a fascinating look into the making of the Academy Award-winning film, and the main menu is backed by a beautiful score and a display of every main character with their own personalized snowflake.
Of course, it’s wonderful to own the movie itself and to be able to watch it when and where I want. Thanks to the new service that Disney has recently launched called Disney Movies Anywhere, you can do just that. After creating a simple account, you can turn your physical movie into a digital copy that can be viewed on any of your mobile products including your iPhone, iPad, Mac or PC. It’s a FREE service, so you’ll never be without this (or any) Disney movie ever again! Eat your “Frozen” heart out…
– – –
Are you going to buy “Frozen”? If so, which special feature are you most looking forward to seeing? If not, what is preventing you from buying any physical discs for entertainment anymore? Comment below!
DisneyExaminer product reviews do not necessarily reflect the views of the entire DisneyExaminer Staff. All products are given to DisneyExaminer free of charge for review purposes from Walt Disney/Buena Vista Home Entertainment.