For the most phrased Disney fans, knowing when your favorite Disney movies opened in theaters or when your favorite attraction opened to the public is a must. Understandably though, many still don’t know when those things took place, so it’s now the official Disney fan club to the rescue!
For the third year in a row, Disney D23 will be hosting an event that celebrates the anniversaries of some of Disney’s most beloved theme park attractions, movies, and more. The event, called “Fanniversaries“, will celebrate those magical landmarks with never-before-seen films, photos, and items from the Walt Disney Archives that’ll immerse attendees in their favorite attractions and movies even more so. Some of the Fanniversaries that will be celebrated include:
- Donald Duck (80th anniversary)
- Disneyland TV show (60)
- Sleeping Beauty (55)
- Darby O’Gill and the Little People (55)
- Disneyland’s Monorail, Matterhorn Bobsleds and Submarine Voyage (50)
- Disney’s contributions to the 1964–65 New York World’s Fair (50)
- Mary Poppins (50)
- Haunted Mansion (45)
- The Love Bug (45)
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (35)
- Disney-MGM Studios Theme Park (now Disney’s Hollywood Studios) (25)
- Splash Mountain (25)
- The Little Mermaid (25)
- Pleasure Island (25)
- The Lion King (20)
- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™ (20)
…and many more!
The 2014 Fanniversary events will take place in major cities all around the United States on select dates between August 9 and October 25, 2014. Tickets will be available starting May 21 for $23 for D23 Gold and Silver Members. D23 Free Members will be able to purchase tickets on June 11 for $33 and any remaining tickets after both sales will be available to the general public on July 9 for $40 each.