Oriental Land Company, the managing partner and developer of Disney’s Tokyo theme parks announced today their plans to expand Tokyo DisneySea and Tokyo Disneyland through a $4 billion (500 billion yen) investment over the course of 10 years.
For Tokyo Disneyland, plans were made to expand the offerings of their version of Fantasyland with the addition of new attractions, restaurants, and shops, as well as a renovation of the current offerings.
For the adjacent Tokyo DisneySea, plans were made for a new themed port area that would complement the seaworthy theme of the overall park and its other ports. This eighth port will also include new attractions, restaurants, and shops.
In addition to the investments, Oriental Land Co. has also committed to improving the theme parks in multiple ways including –
- Renovation or creation of attractions and entertainment programs
- Development of hardware that will enhance the guest experience in the parks
- Further improvement of restaurants
- Easing of guest traffic congestion
- Development of measures to protect Guests from hot and cold weather
- Other ways of to make a more comfortable environment for all guests
- Raise the hospitality level of its cast members
No completion date for the projects have been announced.