To celebrate the live-action Jungle Book coming out in theaters this Friday here are some delicious Baloo-inspired cupcakes that you can make right now! These banana blueberry cupcakes are very simple to make, and decorating them to look like the beloved character Baloo is something that any adult or child will enjoy doing. Here is a DIY baking session inspired by the Jungle Book!
Banana blueberry cupcakes
My DIY banana blueberry cupcake recipe was a variation from this recipe of banana blueberry muffins.
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 egg
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- Set your oven at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Rinse the blueberries and set them aside
- Mash the 2 bananas in a bowl
- Mix the flour, sugar, eggs, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and butter into the bowl
- Fold the cup of blueberries into the batter
- Pour the mixture into 8 regular cupcake liners
- Pour the remaining mixture into 8 mini cupcake liners
- With your oven set at 400 degrees, bake the 8 regular size cupcakes for 15 minutes
- After those are done, set them aside to cool
- Bake your 8 mini cupcakes for 10 minutes then take them out and set them too cool
My inspiration for these Baloo cupcakes came from these adorable panda cupcakes! I used this template to create these decorations.
- Bag of mini chocolate chips
- Box of chocolate Raisinets
- Thin Oreos
- 1 can of cream cheese frosting
- 1 can of aqua blue vanilla frosting
- Black decorating gel
- In a bowl take mix half the can of cream cheese frosting and aqua blue vanilla frosting together
- Add .75 oz. of black decorating gel into the frosting
- Mix until you get a grey-blue color
- Frost one regular size cupcake and one mini cupcake
- Place two Cherrios on top of the mini cupcake for the ears
- Make the nose from a chocolate Raisinet, and add two chocolate chips for the eyes
- With the black decorating gel draw a smile on Baloo’s face
- Stick two toothpicks into the side of the head and attach it to the regular size cupcake
These cupcakes are sure to be a crowd pleaser to any event that you go to! You can make them by yourself, with friends, your bae, or even with your kids. Not only are they delicious, creating these Baloo cupcakes are a treat within itself! They’re pretty easy to make, and are very darn cute to look at too, so try these DIY Baloo cupcakes now, and catch The Jungle Book, out in theaters on April 15th!
Like what you see here on DisneyExaminer? Help support us grow and be rewarded with even more content and experiences by becoming a DisneyExaminer Patron!