So you’ve made that decision to join in on the monstrous amounts of fun and people for the beginnings of Disney Parks’ Monstrous Summer All-Nighter.
Well, if you want to be the one of the monsters to enter either Disneyland Park or Disney California Adventure Park for the 24 hour party, we’ve included in this post some important information that you’ll need to know before, during, and even after the party. We’ve bolded all the important parts, so be sure to read those items!
So here it goes –
Queue Instructions for Park Opening on Thursday, May 24
- The early arrival queue will open to guests on Disneyland Resort property at 10 p.m. on May 23. Cast members will be available in the Disneyland Resort Esplanade to direct guests to queue location upon arrival.
- Parking will initially be available in the Anaheim GardenWalk parking area with overflow parking at the Pumbaa Parking Lot, if necessary, and standard parking rates will apply. Please be aware that no shuttle service will be offered from the Anaheim GardenWalk or Pumbaa Parking areas prior to 8 a.m. on May 24.
- All guests in line will be able to temporarily leave the line to use the restroom, purchase food or beverages, and return or retrieve items from their vehicles/hotel rooms.
- Portions of the early arrival queue will be located beyond the guest screening checkpoints, beyond which certain items will not be permitted. Be sure to check the list of prohibited items here. Exceptions will be made for items such as large blankets and pillows, but all items must be able to be stored in a locker prior to entering either park. No tents, inflatable mattresses, coolers or heating equipment will be permitted in the queue.
- Restrooms will be available to guests in the queue, and ticket purchases will be available beginning at 3:05 a.m. the morning of May 24.
- Disneyland Resort Hotel guests who wish to enter either park at 6 a.m. on May 24 will be directed to the main queue in the Central Esplanade. Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel gate into Disney California Adventure park will open to Disneyland Resort Hotel guests at 7 a.m. on May 24.
Annual Passholder Information
- SoCal Select Annual Passports will not be valid for admission on May 24.
- SoCal or Deluxe Annual Passports will be valid for admission during the entire 24-hour period.
- Annual Passholders and their guests who carpool to the Monstrous Summer All-Nighter at the Disneyland Resort can receive a special button, while supplies last. Here are the details:
- There must be at least three (3) people in the vehicle and at least one (1) person must be a valid Annual Passholder. Valid Passport must be presented upon entry to the participating parking area. Photo ID may be required.
- One (1) button will be given to each person who is legally seated in the qualifying vehicle. Supplies are limited and are not guaranteed.
- Buttons will be available at the Mickey & Friends, Pumbaa, Simba, Toy Story, and Anaheim Convention Center parking areas. Buttons will not be available at the Anaheim GardenWalk parking location.
- This special offer will be available from 6 a.m. on May 24 to 6 a.m. on May 25, or while supplies last.
- More information can be found at: www.disneyland.com/apmagic
Park Hours and Attraction Information
- Disneyland and Disney California Adventure parks will open at 6 a.m. on Friday, May 24, and select attractions, entertainment and services will remain open until 6 a.m. on Saturday, May 25,with the following exceptions:
- Cars Land, Paradise Pier, Pacific Wharf and Twilight Zone Tower of Terror will be available exclusively to Grad Nite guests from as early as 10:15 p.m. (May 24) until 3:30 a.m. (May 25).
- Radiator Springs Racers will be available to Disney California Adventure park guests from 9 a.m. – 10:15 p.m. on May 24. FASTPASS Service distribution will begin at 6 a.m. for this attraction.
- “a bug’s land” will be available to Disney California Adventure park guests from 6 a.m. – 10:15 p.m. on May 24.
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad will be closed for refurbishment.
- Other attractions may close early due to maintenance or other reasons. Please check the Entertainment Times Guide on the day of the event for a more complete listing of scheduled closures.
UPDATE 5/21: Disneyland has also announced that Downtown Disney will be joining in on the monstrous fun during the All-Nighter! Here are the restaurants and shops that will be open –
Restaurants, Food Carts and Quick Service Locations
- Downtown Disney District restaurants will be open until 2 a.m. on Saturday, May 25 (excluding ESPN Zone)
- Ralph Brennan’s Jazz Kitchen Express will be open until 3 a.m. on Saturday, May 25
- Special extended hours at ESPN Zone
- The Arena – open until 3 a.m.
- The 19th Hole Bar – alcohol available until 1 a.m.
- Non-alcoholic drinks served until 3 a.m.
- Limited food menu served until 1 a.m.
- “1/2 price” special on all Arena games from 12-3 a.m.House of Blues and Tortilla Jo’s will open for breakfast at 6 a.m. on Saturday, May 25 The following will be open 24 hours on May 24-25
- Café Renee
- Planet Popcorn
- Wetzel’s Pretzels
- Jamba Juice
- La Brea Bakery Express
The following will be open until 2 a.m. on Saturday, May 25
- Wetzel’s Pretzels Cart
- Gelato Cart
- Churro Carts
Merchandise Stores and Carts
- Downtown Disney District stores will be open 24 hours on May 24-25
- Merchandise carts will be open until 2 a.m. on Saturday, May 25
- Live Entertainment
- 6–10 p.m. – Downtown Disney District live entertainment
- 11 p.m. – 4 a.m. – DJ Wendy on the Main Stage
- 11 p.m. – 4 a.m. – DJ Justin at House of Blues area
And that’s it, folks! Like we’ve written before, we’ll be at the Disneyland Resort covering the debut of “Mickey and the Magical Map” on Thursday, May 23 quickly followed by our coverage of the All-Nighter (and the moments before it begins) later that night.