Lobster rolls are a staple in the state of Maine and are one of the most delicious sandwiches to eat by anyone! If you have never had a lobster roll, fortunately you don’t have to travel all the way to Maine to get an authentic tasting of one! You can either get one at Disneyland’s Harbour Galley off the Rivers of America OR you can make them yourself using the same recipe from the comfort of your own home.
Check out the video above and see a step-by-step procedure of how to make Disneyland’s version of Maine’s finest lobster creation created by Chef Scott Mancino. We’ve included the recipe card below too for your reference!
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 celery stalk, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 clove garlic, finely grated or minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced shallot
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped fresh chervil
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon
- Coarse salt, to taste
- 1 pound cooked lobster tail and claw meat, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 4 hot dog buns, preferably split at the top
For garlic butter:
- Combine butter, garlic, parsley, salt, and seafood seasoning in a medium bowl; mash with a fork until well combined. Set aside.
For lobster salad:
- Whisk together mayonnaise, lemon juice, seafood seasoning, hot sauce, and Dijon in a large bowl until very well combined. Stir in celery, garlic, shallot, chervil, chives, parsley, and tarragon. Add salt to taste. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Fold lobster meat into mayonnaise mixture, gently mixing until lobster is well coated. Set aside.
For lobster rolls:
- Heat a griddle or large skillet over medium heat.
- Spread garlic butter on both cut sides of hot dog buns; lay buns butter side down on griddle. Toast 1 minute, or until golden and lightly crisp.
- Divide lobster salad evenly among buns and serve immediately.
* * *
Are you planning on trying out this Disney Parks food recipe? Have you tried a lobster roll from the Harbour Galley before? What do you think? Comment below!