As summer begins to wind down on us, the air gets cooler and things at the Disneyland Resort begin to get creepier.
Pumpkins will soon line Main Street USA and will lead into the most decorated house in the whole land – The Haunted Mansion.
For those of you who haven’t been to the Resort during Halloween, the Mansion gets a total makeover by none other than the star from “The Nightmare Before Christmas” movie Jack Skellington. The theme of his decor? If the decor of Christmas and Halloween collided.
What you ultimately get is a “winter scary-land” called the “Haunted Mansion Holiday” complete with snow-topped pumpkins and gingerbread crypts.
And speaking of gingerbread, Jack always adds a wonderfully built gingerbread house every year that he places in the Ballroom for all his guests (us included) get to enjoy! Disney recently released the design of this year’s iconic gingerbread house…and you might not think of your traditional houses that you’ve seen in the past.
This year’s design features:
- The gingerbread house put at the top of a very skinny mountain that altogether stands 9 feet tall that is lined with grim-grinning pumpkins.
- Jack’s house atop the mountain will feature candles flickering in the windows and gingerbread steps that lead to the front door.
- You’ll also notice Jack’s dog Zero hovering around the top of Jack’s house.
- There will be a “terror train” (just like from the ‘Nightmare Before Christmas’ movie) that will travel along a “ghost track” around the mountain. The train will include an engine, a coal car, a flatbed car with an giant cupcake with candles, and a caboose.
- Since it’s a “ghost train”, you’ll be able to see through it.
If this totally edible and what seems to be like a GIANT gingerbread creation doesn’t get you to visit Jack at his Haunted Mansion this year, we don’t know what will.
But if you so do want to visit, we’re excited to also confirm that Jack has told us that opening day for visits will begin on Friday, September 14, which also marks the beginning of Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort!