Dapper Day at the Disneyland Resort is just ten days away and I’m sure many of you are still trying to decide just what to wear or how to put your most sophisticated outfits together. If you aren’t sure of what to do, how about making it a DisneyBound?
DisneyBounding, created by Leslie Kay, is a way to show your appreciation and love of all things Disney through incorporating a variety of character-inspired styles into your wardrobe without the need to buy or create a costume.
With Dapper Day coming up, many Disney fans may be inspired to fashion their outfits after their favorite Disney characters and we have a few tips you can follow to make the best of Dapper Day!
- Color blocking – Using bold, solid colors to design your Disney-inspired Dapper Day outfit will really help give the impression of certain Disney characters while keeping it classy and fashionable.
- Patterns, patterns, patterns! – If a certain character you want to DisneyBound has an iconic pattern tied to them, try to find clothes and accessories that feature those patterns. Minnie Mouse, for example, is all about Polka Dots. Don’t go overboard, though!
- Accessorize your life – Accessories are important to selling your DisneyBound. Think of the key items associated with your chosen Disney character and find accessories that are similar and pair them up with your DisneyBound. Ariel’s big blue bow, for example, would add character to any DisneyBound!
- Think classy – Dapper Day is all about dressing in your “Sunday best”, showcasing vintage and contemporary chic looks that you may or may not get the chance to show off during the year. You don’t need to try and match up to any certain era, but try and think about what is classy to you and dress to the nines!
- Explore local vintage and thrift shops – There are so many hidden gems in local vintage stores you’d never think would be there. Check out our articles on Vintage Dapper DisneyBounding and Vintage Disney Apparel to see some examples of how to make the best out of a thrift or vintage store haul!
- Don’t obsess over the details – The entire point of DisneyBounding and Dapper Day is to have fun! Don’t worry if the colors aren’t exactly right or an accessory isn’t a part of your DisneyBound. If it looks good on you and you feel comfortable, go for it, because your outfits are first and foremost about making yourself feel good!
Below are a few examples of some outfits that you can style that take these tips into mind:
- Dress: Prove Your Groove Dress in Red Dots – ModCloth
- Shoes: Anne Klein Sport Aricia Flats, Yellow – Macy’s
- Purse: Chain-Trim Crossbody, Yellow – Forever 21
- Headband: Polka Dot Headwrap – Forever 21
- Dress: Darling Decision Dress in Aqua – ModCloth
- Shoes: Perfect Pop Macrame Ballet Flats – JCPenney
- Purse: Scrapbook Ending Bag in Ink – ModCloth
Hopefully with these tips you can start looking around your favorite stores and design your own Dapper DisneyBound for this Dapper Day celebration!
Still looking for a Dapper DisneyBound? Check out some of our style guides:
Like what you see here on DisneyExaminer? Help support us grow and be rewarded with even more content and experiences by becoming a DisneyExaminer Patron!