When it’s cold outside, there’s much to do inside…especially during the holidays!
Disney has certainly got you covered with those inside activities. From baking to crafting, this post is all about welcoming Disney Holidays into your home this Christmas season when the ‘weather outside is frightful.’ We’ll get things started with another recipe that we’re happy to share from our friends at the Big Thunder Ranch BBQ inside Disneyland Park.
It’s called a S’mores Bake and it’s the brainchild of Chef Craig Orrell, Chef Toby Hollis, and the famous Disneyland Resort Central Bakery team. It’s the perfect dessert after any holiday meal and you can make it following the recipe below.
1 (10.5-ounce) box fudge brownie mix
1 (1-pound) bag large marshmallows
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons hot fudge sauce, warmed
8 graham crackers
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a 9×13 cake pan with cooking spray. Prepare brownie batter per package directions and pour into prepared cake pan. Bake 20 to 22 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs clinging to it.
- Turn oven to broil.
- Place marshmallows over brownies. Leaving oven door ajar, place marshmallow-topped brownies under broiler 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until marshmallows are golden brown, watching very closely to avoid burning.
- Drizzle hot fudge sauce over top of toasted marshmallows.
- Take half of the graham crackers and break them into planks; crush other half of graham crackers into crumbs.
- Sprinkle crushed graham crackers over top of toasted marshmallows, and place graham cracker planks randomly into toasted marshmallows. Serve immediately.
– – –
Perhaps after chowing down on the S’mores Bake you can make your own Disney Parks Toy Soldier! The Toy Soldier has been in the spotlight particularly this year and now he’ll take center stage on your fireplace mantle or dinner table centerpiece should you decide to put him together!
Click HERE to print out his pieces for this awesome craft. Then perhaps visit the real Toy Soldiers in ‘A Christmas Fantasy’ Parade daily at Disneyland Park!
– – –
If you want more sweets after your craft, perhaps try making the famous Disney Cruise Line double chocolate Yule Log! Here’s the recipe. Perhaps try making it with the S’mores Bake to get your Christmas sweet chowing time sooner than later!
We hope these ideas bring some of that Disney magic into your home this holiday season.