1) $162,226,552,430 has been invested in The Walt Disney Company.
That math: 164,636,839 of issued common stock multiplied by the current stock price (as of this writing) of about $98.82.
2) The Star Wars-themed lands will begin construction in April.
Demolition and clearing of land on both coasts have already begun.
3) Disney Cruise Line will add two new ships to its fleet.
Once the two ships are completed, the Disney Cruise fleet will be 6 ships in total.
4) Star Wars: The Force Awakens comes to digital HD on April 1. Blu-ray/DVD Combo Pack on April 5.
And yes, it’ll be packed with exclusive bonus features!
5) No R-rates superhero movies coming from Marvel.
Sorry, Deadpool. You can’t hang with the Mouse.
6) Disney believes that the recent demand-based pricing model for Disneyland tickets is a good idea.
“We actually feel pretty good about what we’ve just announced because it provides so many different variables for the guests and it may end up providing a slightly better guest experience during the most popular days.” – Bob Iger, Disney Chairman and CEO.
7) Disney has donated information and $250,000 to help restore Walt Disney’s birthplace house.
The house is being restored to be a center of creativity and inspiration for artists and the public alike.
8) Apparently you can ask Bob “Genie” Iger for anything Disney you want.
A young girl, who has attended eight shareholder meetings, asked Iger for a tour of Pixar. Though the studio in Northern California is closed to the public, he gladly obliged to give her a personal tour. “I’m in trouble now,” laughed Iger.
Listen to the complete audio replay of the meeting by clicking HERE.
Like what you see here on DisneyExaminer? Help support us grow and be rewarded with even more content and experiences by becoming a DisneyExaminer Patron!