Calling all Star Wars fans – it’s an app!
Disney Interactive and Lucasfilm released the official Star Wars app that will bring out your inner Jedi. The new free app brings breaking news, media, social updates, special events, and interactive content straight to your phones, available for both iOS and Android.
- News: Get updates on all things Star Wars, including announcements about trailer releases, movie updates, and game news. Users can customize and filter their news feed based on what they want to hear about.
- Augmented Reality: Unlock 3D characters from Star War: The Force Awakens by using an exclusive augmented reality camera feature. (For those attending San Diego Comic Con this weekend, head over to the Lucasfilm booth (#2913-A) to interact with a life-sized Stormtrooper or BB-8)
- Videos: Watch movie trailers, behind-the-scenes features, and more!
- Force Trainer: Grab a lightsaber and play with the Force Trainer where users can duel a training remote as seen in Star Wars: A New Hope.
- Star Wars “Selfie”: Transform yourself into your favorite characters such as Jedi, Princess Leia, Han Solo’s carbon-freeze, and more.
- GIFs: Share animated GIFS of your favorite scenes and characters from the Star Wars films and TV shows.
- Soundboard: Listen to classic sound clips and effects from characters, creatures, weapons, vehicles, and scenes.
- Star Wars History: Learn fun facts with the This Day In Star Wars History feature.
- Weather: Get Star Wars-themed weather and five-day forecasts with original art and effects of in-universe planets and locales on your phone.
Users can create their own Star Wars ID, choose an avatar, and build a profile. Customize themes in the app with light side, dark side, or droid interfaces with various designs, sounds, and animations of your choice. Look forward to discovering new features, products, and experiences with upcoming app updates that’ll help you countdown to Star Wars: The Force Awakens.